Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Armor Amor

I've never felt so much steel.
The weight must be beyond your strongest will.
Circling in and out,
waiting to be caught and fed as a meal.

Your hard armor butts against my soft shell.
Soft only to those whom go by 'lover'.
You watch as my eyes begin to swell.
A kiss, you say, will make you die?

Lay down my strong steed.
There is no need, begin to rest with me.
I am not your enemy.
The hands second will help us be.

Layers upon layers begin to unbind.
A sun stricken armor fills the carpeted floor.
I dare not look saturated-steel feels unkind.
Caught by an eye, a small stitch begins to unravel, and then amor.

Don't be in haste when reaching for the metal.
As your head begins to rattle.
Hear my words, "You are safe".
Spin around, a dare taken, awaits.

No comments: