Monday, March 15, 2010

I was warm when you entered my home.
I lent you my shoulder when your strength weakened.
I prepared food for your soul.
I praised you for respect.

I mended the harsh words.
I salvaged the relationship.
I showered you with gifts when the holiday was upon us.
I asked for your unbiased advise.
I opened my heart to you.
I trusted you.
You called me 'friend'.

You had another plan.
You fed off her dispair.
Longed for her highs and lows.
Your motivation changed.
You began to slither.
Your prey was near.
The long grass camouflaged your intent.

She listened.
You gathered the broken pieces.
Elder words radiated.
Her body easily entered your lubricated tongue.
Lies were in transition.

I became suspicious.
Accusations ran...

waiting...perched high, ready for salvation.

Truths stained the air.
Exausted. Her breath slowed, she escaped.

SHE salvaged the relationship.

No comments: